The scheme envisages to enhance the existing infrastructure of skill development in North Eastern States. The scheme is aimed for:
- Upgradation of 22 ITIs by introducing three new trades per ITI with 100% Central funding;
- Supplementing infrastructure deficiencies in 28 ITIs by constructing new hostel, boundary wall and supplementing old and obsolete tools and equipment with 100% Central funding; and
- Establishment of 34 new ITIs in 8 North Eastern States with 90% Central and 10% State funding.
- SPMU :-Under this component, there is a provision for funding to the state and central project monitoring unit with 100% central funding.
- Financial Aid to Mamit ITI, Mizoram.
The duration of the scheme is upto 31st March, 2024. So for Rs. 238.02 crore (Rs. 261.82 Crore as Central Share and Rs. 21.21 Crore as State Share) out of total allocation of Rs. 421.64 crore (including Rs. 32.53 Crore as State Share) has been released to eight States of Assam, Arunachal Pradesh, Nagaland,Mizoram,Manipur,Tripura & Sikkim.
|Details of Fund Allocation, Released and UC Received under the Scheme "Enhancing Skill Development Infrastructure in NE States"|
|Sl.||Component||Fund Allocation||Fund Released||UC Received(Rs. in Lakh)|
|1||Upgradation & Supplementing *||8628.55||6765.46||5306.94|
|2||New ITI #||32300.00||20980.96||15444.69|
|4||Financial Aid to Mamit ITI, Mizoram||231.00||231.00||0.00|
|Upgradation of 22 ITIs by introducing three new trades in each ITI and
Supplementing deficient infrastructure in 28 ITIs by constructing new hostel, boundary wall and supplementing old & obsolete equipment to three
|# - Establishment of 34 new ITIs|
|** - State Project Monitoring Unit|
The form related to ESDI scheme for collection of data pertaining to scheme has been designed by DGT and placed on Social Cops. All the Principal of respective ITIs are requested to download the Collect App in their Android mobile from Google Playstore and fill up the entire form at the earliest.
For any assistance, kindly contact Shri D.P. Singh, Director (Schemes)