1. Short title, extent, commencement and application –
(1) This Act may be called the Apprentices Act, 1961.
(2) It extends to the whole of India. [* * *]1
(3) It shall come into force on such date as the Central Government may, by
notification in the Official Gazette, appoint; and different dates may be appointed for different States.
(4) The provisions of this Act shall not apply to –
(a) any area or to any industry in any area unless the Central Government by notification in the Official Gazette specifies that area or industry as an area or industry to which the said provisions shall apply with effect from such date as may be mentioned in the notification:
(b) 2[ * * *]
(c) 3[any such special apprenticeship scheme for imparting training to apprentices as any be notified by the Central Government in the Official Gazette].
1. Omitted by Act 25 of 1968.
2. Omitted by Act 27 of 1973.
3. Subs. by Act 27 of 1973.