10. Related instruction of apprentices-
(1) 1[A trade apprentice] who is undergoing practical training in an establishment shall, during the period of practical training, be given a course of related instruction ( which shall be appropriate to the trade) approved by the Central Government in consultation with the Central Apprenticeship Council, with a view to giving 2[the trade apprentice] such theoretical knowledge as he needs in order to become fully qualified as a skilled craftsman.
(2) Related instruction shall be imparted at the cost of the appropriate Government but the employer shall, when so required, afford all facilities for imparting such instruction.
(3) Any time spend by 3[a trade apprentice] in attending classes on related instruction shall be treated as part of his paid period of work.
4[(4) In case of trade apprentices who, after having undergone a course of institutional training, have passed the trade tests conducted by the National Council or have passed the trade tests and examinations conducted by a Board or State Council of Technical Education or any other authority which the Central Government may, by notification in the Official Gazette, specify in this behalf, the related instruction may be given on such reduced or modified scale as may be prescribed.
(5) Where any person has, during his course in technical institution, become a graduate or technician apprentice, 5[technician (vocational) apprentice] and during his apprenticeship training he has to receive related instruction, then, the employer shall release such person from practical training to receive the related instruction in such institution, for such period as may be specified by the Central Apprenticeship Adviser or by any other person not below the rank of an Assistant Apprenticeship Adviser authorised by the Central Apprenticeship Adviser in writing in this behalf.]
1. Sub. by Act 27 of 1973.
2. Sub. by Act 27 of 1973.
3. Sub. by Act 27 of 1973.
4. Ins. by Act 27 of 1973.
5. Ins. by Act 41 of 1986 (w.e.f. 16-12-1987).