FOREMEN TRAINING INSTITUTE JAMSHEDPUR
Foremen Training Institute Jamshedpur under DGET, Ministry of Labour, Govt. of India, was set up in the year 1983 with a view to providing comprehensive training to Foremen/Supervisory personnel of industries situated particularly in Eastern,Central and Northern regions of the country. At present the institute is conducting various training programmes in specialised areas of Supervisory Development, Mechanical, Electronics, Engineering etc. This institute has been functioning at present in the campus of Govt. Polytechnic, Adityapur.Jharkhand which is about 9 kms from Tatanagar Railway Station.
Objective 0f the institute :
The institute has been set up to organise training programmes to achieve the following objectives for the trainees :
- to improve their skill and technical ability.
- to develop them to accept more shop floor responsibilities.
- to make them feel conscious of the need for higher productivity.
- to train them to use modern techniques of industrial engineering for the full and optimum utilisation of men, machines and materials.
- to develop their skill in dealing with people in solving the grievances and to improve the moral and team spirit of the employees working under them.
- to develop their skill in training others.
- to make them conscious about safety and good house keeping.
- to develop their overall ability to reduce costs, improve quality, and increase productivity.
Training Courses :
Entry Qualifiction :
Degree/Diploma in relevant field or National Apprenticeship certificate/National Trade Certificate with 2 to3 years experience in relevant field or B.Sc. (Maths & Physics) or Candidates with Matriculation or equivalent with Science and Maths with 5 to 8 years trade experience and sponsored by industries.
Fee structure :-
1. Regular Courses ;
Special Tailor made courses : Special tailor made courses are organised on request of Industries/Organisation if ten and more participants are deputed in the following area
2.Inspection and Quality Control
The date , duration, course contents etc. can be mutually discussed and finalised.
2. Tailor-made courses :
Course fee must be paid in advance before commencement of the course in the form of demand Draft/payable at Jamshedpur drawn in favour of DDO, FTI, Jamshedpur. Prior confirmation should be taken for the admission and date of commencement of the course. .
Hostel Accomodation-There is no hostel as such . Only a few modestly furnished rooms along with common canteen facilities are available at a nominal rate of Rs 15/- per trainee per day.
How to reach the institute :
The institute is presently located at Govt. Polytechnic at Adityapur , Jharkhand about 9 kms from Tatanagar Railway Station on the tata Gamaharia, Kandra road. One can reach the institute from the Tatanagar Rly Station or Sakchi or Bistupur bybus or auto-rickshaw and get down at polytechnic bus stop before RIT crossing.
For any further details
Contact Address -
Foremen Training Institute
Govt. of India
Phone No. (0657) 407434
Declaration - Director of the institute / DGE&T reserves the right to cancel or alter any course / courses without assigning any reasons or notice .