- The institute conducts problem oriented research studies on
different aspects of Vocational Training to bring qualitative improvement in training and
for effective implementation of the National Vocational Training System (NVTS) and Govt.
- Research studies in related with determination of training
requirement for physically handicapped & other weaker sections in the society.
- Research studies on the request of both the Training Directorate
of DGE&T and the State Governments.
Area of Research studies to suit the present future technological
development in the country on Industrial aspects.
- Feasibility study to introduce new trades under CTS/ATS/Multiskill/Hi-Tech/CIT.
- Tracer study of passed out ITI Trainees in different
- Complementary tracer study on Apprenticeship Programme &
Employment status in different states.
- Modernisation of equipment in existing ITIs of the world bank
Assisted Vocational Training Projects.
- Qualitative skill analysis through surveys
- Skill survey of industrial establishments for setting up of new
- Testing, Evaluation & costing of Training Programmes.
- Study on Training requirement for Handicapped and other weaker
- Revitalisation & modernisation of Training
- Methodology to evaluate Training Programme
- Developing model question papers, setting guide lines of paper
setters & bank of objective type questions for different trades.
- Designing curricula for short term Vocational Training Courses to
be Introduced in ITIs of NE States & Sikkim under Hon'ble Prime Minister's NES
- Designing curricula which are to be introduced in the informal sector
- Designing space norms & shop layout for various trades under
- Evolving qualification for the instructors of new