The Advanced Training Institute, in short ATI, LUDHIANA was established by Government of India, in 1963 to meet the technological needs of Industries and other organizations of developing India in the fields/trades of Mechanical, Electrical, Electronics and Agricultural Machinery.
The Institute is functioning under Govt. of India, Ministry of Labour & Employment, Directorate General of Employment & Training (DGE&T). The Institute Management Committee ( IMC ) has been formed with leading industrialist as members. The institute is spread over 32 acres of land, situated at a distance of 5 Km from Railway station and 4 km from Bus stand ahead on Gill road. The Auto rickshaw, city local buses are frequently plying from Railway station and Bus stand to reach the Institute.
The Institute is well equipped with Training equipments/ Machines of world class, Work Shops, Audio Visual Lab, Library, Canteen and a Boys Hostel to accommodate 400 students. The institute is recently strengthened with latest Machinery under Vocational Training Improvement Project of Govt. of India, Ministry of Labour & Emp. with the assistance of World Bank. Apart from this, the Institute is having 67 Staff quarters & a Dispensary. Club for indoor games is also constructed in the campus. In addition to this Play ground for out door games is also available for sports. The Chapter of National cadet Corps (NCC) is also established in the institute.
The objectives of Institutes are:-
The Primary objectives of the Institute
1. To offer the Long term Advanced Training Courses in the Basic fields of Mechanical, Electrical and Agricultural Engineering under Crafts man Instructor Training Scheme. To develop the Instructor for Engineering / Professional Institutes and Industries.
2. To offer the Long term Basic Training courses in the fields of Mechanical, Electrical, Electronics, Computer & Agricultural Machinery Under Crafts man Training Scheme. To develop the Technicians for Industries and organizations.
3. To offer the Short Term Advanced Training courses for middle & Technician level work force of industries and organizations under AVTS and Hi-Tech Training Scheme. To upgrade & develop the knowledge / Skill of Technical Personals.
4. To offer the need based training Courses for technical personals of industries/ organizations etc. ( Training as per the need of Industry)
5. To extend the Technical help to Industries in case of Diversification of product / industry.
help the State Directorates of states of
7. To conduct Standing Committee Inspections in regard to affiliations of Industrial Training Institutes under National Council of Vocational training (NCVT), Govt. of India, Ministry of Labour & Employment, New Delhi.